Q: I have a loose battery terminal

One of my battery terminals is very loose causing the car to not start at times. What's the best fix for this issue?

If the terminals are loose then try and tighten them. If they will not tighten up to the battery then the best way to fix them is to replace the entire cable assembly. If a less expensive repair is needed then the cable end may be able to be replaced if the cable is long enough.

Consider YourMechanic if you need assistance with your starting issue. One of our mobile technicians will be able to come to your home to replace the battery cable as necessary.

3. I have a loose battery terminal