Q: Smoke in the early morning and when putting high force on the accelerator. Was told it was the PCV valve.

Smoke is coming out and gasoline tank getting empty faster

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle smokes in the early morning and gas tank gets empty faster and this could be PCV related.

The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve’s job, is to remove combustion gases that get past the piston rings during the combustion process. If the PCV valve has failed (typically leaks engine vacuum) that will affect fuel consumption. Excessive crankcase pressure could cause oil consumption and oil smoke from the exhaust.

If the smoke is only seen with a cold engine. You may be seeing condensation from the exhaust system. Usually, a leaking PCV valve will affect the quality of the engine’s idle.

The vehicle’s ECM (engine control module) should be recognizing the increased fuel delivery to compensate for the failed PCV and turning on the Check Engine Light. I recommend having your vehicle’s smoking problem diagnosed in person in order to pinpoint the needed repairs.

• Smoke in the early morning and when putting high force on the accelerator. Was told it was the PCV valve.