Q: I have a 2006 dodge charger SXT. It is constantly overheating. I have changed the water pump, the thermostat, as well as the radia

asked by on September 19, 2017

I have a 2006 dodge charger SXT. It constantly overheats. I have had the water pump changed, the thermostat changed, as well as a brand new radiator fan and i am still having this problem. When i put antifreeze in it does not circulate throughout the engine it just boils and spils out on the side of my car. My mechanic said that it may be my head gaskets. Any suggestions?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There may a blockage in the cooling system passageways and if so, the system has to be flow tested, segment by segment. If the head gasket is allowing combustion gases into the cooling system, those gases are detectable with a test. Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. Other than the fixes you have already tried, the most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks and trapped air), a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, and collapsed hoses. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you without further delay. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr