Q: Should it really cost 1000 for replacing radiator mounting bracket 2009 jetta

Should it really cost me 1000 dollars for a replacement radiator mount and another 600 for a radiator

A: Cost is determined by the cost of parts and...

Cost is determined by the cost of parts and labor combined. If your using a dealer, it will be more than an independent repair shop. In regards to the radiator mounting bracket on you Jetta, it easily can.

The mounting bracket on the front of your Jetta consists of most of the front support of the front of your car. This is unique to Volkswagen. Replacing anything on the front of your car requires the front end to be completely removed. In this case, the bracket supports much more than just the radiator. So unfortunately, this price tag is of no surprise.

Again, dealers are always much more expensive. If you do take it to an independent mechanic, be sure to ask about how much experience they have with working on VW’s. This repair is not your usual mounting bracket replacement. It is more like replacing the front core support on most vehicles.

Good luck!