Q: I smell gas under my hood and around my engine.

I started to do some work on my car last night when i smelled gas and drove it to see what was going on and when I got back home i thought I saw gas around my engine or something but I know I smell it.

You could have fuel leaks on the fuel rail or any of the fuel injectors. You could also have a fuel tank vapor line to the intake manifold leaking vapor. Any fuel leak should be thoroughly investigated to isolate the cause of the leak. The vehicle should not be driven due to the possible fire hazard the leak poses until the fuel smell is identified and repaired. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of this smell in your vehicle, and help with any repairs.