Q: Car cut off while driving and won't start.

Before making a left turn up the street from my house, my car cut off. It would not turn back on; it would try to crank but wouldn't turnover. I was on the phone with my grandfather who told me to press down on the accelerator and try to crank it. That worked and I was able to make it down the street! But of course it cut off again as I pulled into the driveway. Any idea what could be wrong and how serious the problem is?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the throttle position sensor or the throttle pedal position sensor is not working properly. Check both the sensors harnesses and make sure that they are plugged in. Look for any broken wires or corrosion. If the sensors look fine, then they may need to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine cutting off (stalling), then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.