Q: My truck doesn't work properly after replacing the spark plugs and wires

Today I took out all eight spark plugs and all eight wires and put the new ones in and started up my truck and it makes a clicking noise on the bottom passenger side and it starts very weak and there is a lot of loud kind of like air sound and the whole truck shakes. Do you know what this could be?

A few different faults can cause the vehicle to lose power like this after a spark plug replacement. The most likely possibilities are that one of the spark plugs is loose, there is a misfire from one or more of the plug wires, there is a stripped spark plug hole, improperly gapped spark plugs, or if something was dropped into a cylinder. If you want to have the fault verified, a qualified technician from YourMechanic, will be able to assist in diagnosis of your car’s hard start issue and make any repairs as needed.

3. My truck doesn't work properly after replacing the spark plugs and wires