Q: hi chris... i have a 2002 bmw x5 well taken care of.... light stays on in the car when you turn off key. think it has drained bat

hi ... my old bmw is in good shape but the interior light doesn't automatically turn off any more and think that's what may have badly drained the battery this winter. Have to jump to get it going for the first time each day. Does it sound like a new battery might be the problem and how much should I pay for this... thanks much... deb

The existing battery should be load tested and if it fails the battery should be replaced. The cost of replacement can be obtained by clicking on "Get a Quote" at the foregoing service link. But, at the same time that the battery is replaced the cabin light either has to be disabled or the time delay function repaired. Otherwise, your new battery will be continually discharged just like your old one. If you request battery replacement, the same responding certified mechanic can perform an electrical component diagnostic and get the light repaired. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. hi chris... i have a 2002 bmw x5 well taken care of.... light stays on in the car when you turn off key. think it has drained bat