Q: toyota Tacoma truck won’t start

I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd Automatic. I just replaced the starter and when I put the key in the ignition And the lights are very dim in the dash. If I pull the parking brakes are a certain level the dash light comes on bright and I am able to start the truck, once the truck is on I push my foot on the brake pedal and engage drive or reverse once I let go of the break the truck shuts off . Can someone please help me!

If you are referring to stalling that occurs after releasing the service brake (as opposed to the parking brake), a possibility is a vacuum leak in the power brake booster. If manipulating the parking brake has an effect on lighting, or starting the truck, that suggests some sort of electrical fault. Apart from brake booster faults causing vacuum leaks, stalling can have many causes, even in the scenario you are describing. YourMechanic offers a stalling diagnostic which covers both transmission and engine related faults. If you request that service a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. toyota Tacoma truck won’t start