Q: Makes a clunking noise when I put it in reverse

When I put my car in reverse it makes a clunking noise. I’ve taken it to the dealer and they told me that they didn’t hear the noise I was talking about.

Hi Krystal. Thanks for contacting us today. Replicating a noise is really difficult for any mechanic - especially if they deem it to be ’normal’. With most ’performance cars’ (like your Camaro, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustang’s for example), the transmission tends to shift rather aggressively, so a "clunk" noise while shifting into gear might be "normal" operation. If the dealer has determined this to be OK, then I think you’re likely in good shape. Just keep detailed notes of your dealer visits, so if there is an issue down the line, you can remind them of their initial diagnosis.

3. Makes a clunking noise when I put it in reverse