Q: Lost my transponder key. if i replace my ignition.cylinder do i need to program the new transponder key? 2003 Mitsubishi Galant

I lost the only transponder key that i have for my car. If i replace the ignition cylinder do i need to have the new key programed fir my car?

Hello - yes, if you do not have at least 2 keys that are already "recognized" by the transceiver, you must have the new keys programmed at a Mitsubishi service center or locksmith equipped with the proper equipment. If you have 2 programmed keys which are already "recognized" by your vehicle transceiver, there is a process for adding additional "new, unprogrammed" keys, but only under those conditions.

3. Lost my transponder key. if i replace my ignition.cylinder do i need to program the new transponder key? 2003 Mitsubishi Galant