Q: Wideband question

Can i use a wideband o2 sensor on the stock ecu? i will eventually tune it and buy a me221

A: As for the performance of the vehicle, the ...

As for the performance of the vehicle, the engine will likely run just fine with minimal differences. However, it is possible that installing this oxygen sensor could cause your Check Engine Light to come on. I would recommend looking in some online forums for threads on people who may have done this before. If you are lucky, you may find a step-by-step with pictures that shows the results of the replacement. Considering that the Miata is a very popular car, it should be fairly easy to determine if this has been done before.