Q: My Tire pressure light came on this morning, then my check engine light came on after. Now my tires stall on a hill. Any advice?

My Tire pressure light came on this morning, then my check engine light came on after. Now my tires stall on a hill and on level ground. Going downhill the car runs fine though. Also it is was snowing hard out at the time and my tires were skidding. Any advice on what the issue may be?

Check your tire pressure as low tire pressure will cause the warning light to illuminate. Using a tire pressure gauge, if you do find low pressure in one or more tires, add air but you should also consider the possibility that there is a leak. If tire pressure at all 4 tires is within spec you may have a problem in the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). Inasmuch as TPMS is an essential and very useful safety feature, you should definitely have the TPMS repaired if there is a problem. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a TPMS warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. Typically, if there is a TPMS system fault, there will be trouble codes that the mechanic will be able to download and those codes will inform and speed the diagnostic.

If tire pressure was low in any of the tires, once the tire pressure is corrected, drive the vehicle and see if, by chance, the check engine light turns off. If it doesn’t turn off, to pinpoint the underlying fault that has caused the light to turn on will require a diagnostic. You can request that, and schedule service, via YourMechanic’s check engine light diagnostic service request page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My Tire pressure light came on this morning, then my check engine light came on after. Now my tires stall on a hill. Any advice?