Q: Brake pedal too close to gas pedal - 2010 BMW 335d

In my car, the brake pedal and the gas pedal are much too close together. When I press on the brake, my foot touches the accelerator and I stay concerned that this could cause an accident in accelerating instead of braking and visa versa. I took my car to the shop, but was told that there is nothing that can be done. Do you know of anything that could help in this?

The most practical way to deal with this is to consciously practice moving your foot further to the left when braking. It’s not likely any shop would modify your brake pedal to move it to the left - for liability reasons - and BMW is not likely to change their position of "working as designed".