Q: Multiple warning lights on and speedometer doesn't work

This morning when starting the car, these lights came on: brake, traction control, and airbag lights - all came on and ‘stayed’ on. After driving, the speedometer is no longer working either. So, I replaced the rear brakes (it was time). I had replaced the front pads one month ago. My OBD scan tool now shows no codes are present. The problem doesn’t seem to be related to the ignition. One other note is that the cruise control works well. What do you suggest to correct all these problems?

Hello. It sounds like you have a bad vehicle speed sensor. The sensor fails causing the speedometer not to work, which causes these lights to come on since they need to see a speed signal. The sensor and wiring should be tested first, but it will more than likely need the sensor. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your warning lights and resolve these issues.

3. Multiple warning lights on and speedometer doesn't work