Q: Had front struts replaced, would the coil be replaced as well? The coil doesn't look new

I had the front struts replaced but the coil and shock cover doesn't appear new. Is it possible the mechanic only changed the strut. I'm confused about what it actually means to replace a strut.

Hello. Changing the strut consists of just that, replacing the strut. This is the center part that looks similar to a shock. If you were expecting more then the strut, then it would have been a more expensive job. What many shops are opting to sell know are quick struts, which are a complete set up, including the mount and the coil. These are great for older cars. If they charged you for more than just the struts then you need to talk with them about it. If it was just a strut job then you got what you paid for. If you’d like a second opinion on this, enlist the help of another certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your suspension system and suggest what to do from there. Good luck.

3. Had front struts replaced, would the coil be replaced as well? The coil doesn't look new