Q: Car won't start and key fob won't open or lock doors even after changing its batteries

I started my car earlier today and it kind of seemed like it was dead but just seemed like a delay start. I also tried locking and unlocking doors at the same time and the key fob won't work. I can't lock the doors manually either from the door panel inside the car either. Any idea?

Hello. If there was a delay in the engagement of the starter, but it was fine once it did engage, then most of the time this is caused by an issue with the starter relay or the ignition switch. Both of these are common problems in this car. They would have to be diagnosed with a voltage meter as the issue is occurring to know for sure what is going on. As for the door lock, most of the time the lock arm gets caught in the door panel and this occurs. In some cases the panel will need to be removed and trimmed to fix this. If you want to have this delayed start and lock problem fixed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starter problem and replace the starter relay or ignition switch if necessary.

3. Car won't start and key fob won't open or lock doors even after changing its batteries