Q: I have deep, thick layers of tar on my paint.

I have deep, thick, hardened layers of tar on my vehicle. How can I remove this? Thank you! Cathy

The easiest way to remove bug mess and tar from your paint is to lay a pre-treated wipe over the affected area and let it soak. This allows the chemicals to soak in and saturate the tar. Try rinsing off after about 15 minutes. Alcohol towel wipes also do a good job of removing this type of mess as well. Going over the affected areas with a light-duty rubbing compound removes the hardened surface of the tar spots. Then hit the tar with the mineral spirits to remove it. The light-duty rubbing compound softens the tar so the mineral spirits can do the job. YourMechanic has a comprehensive article about removing tar from your car if you need more information. Best of luck.

3. I have deep, thick layers of tar on my paint.