Q: Power steering hard to turn

The power steering is making a noise and it is hard to turn. I added power steering fluid, but it did not help.

A: Although you added fluid, did you check to ...

Although you added fluid, did you check to see that the level was in the appropriate mark for what the temperature the engine is (cold/hot)? If so, its likely that the pump bearing has failed and which means the unit requires replacement. Have a certified mechanic verify this steering problem and flush the system before replacing the pump. This will help ensure that it doesn’t get contaminated with metal shavings from the failed unit.