Q: 0B5 Gearbox Basic Setting

Am working on a 0B5 S tronic gearbox. I have renewed the Gear Sensor. Am trying to carryout the basic setting. At the second step of calibrating the gear sensor it keeps aborting for a Safety Reason. I have revised the work done as per the manual and couldn't find some thing suspicious. Kindly help.

Hello. If your speed sensor is failing to calibrate properly then it may be possible that there is some sort of electrical fault present, or issues with the calibration procedure. Any wiring issues with the sensor may result in the computer unable to properly read, and therefore calibrate, the sensor with the rest of the transmission control system. If the sensor is a rebuilt, re manufactured sensor, it may be possible that the sensor itself is the cause of the malfunction. If the components all look good it may be possible that a misstep in the calibration procedure is what is causing the issues. If the vehicle is still driveable, great care should be taken in continuing to drive it with the fault, as the transmission could be potentially damaged or overheated. If you are unable to get the sensor to calibrate properly, I would recommend consulting with a dealership or specialty shop for direction on what the issue may be.