Q: Ignition clicks on start, but will not turn over

There is a slight click when I turn the key in the ignition, but it does not turn over. Since I thought the battery was dead, I jump-started it but that made no difference. A friend told me that he thinks it’s the starter. I am also considering that it could be a fuse. A second problem is that the air conditioner isn’t working. It turns on with no problem, but it only blows out of two vents, but not the middle vents. Plus, the button that you change to direct the air at your feet, head, etc. does not work. Do you think that it is a fuse, starter, something unplugged, or something else?

Hey there, as far as the vehicle not starting while being jumped, there is a good chance the starter assembly may be experiencing a failure. Have the starting system tested by an experienced mechanic. The air not coming from the center vents can be due to a blockage or a malfunctioning blend door inside the HVAC box. Have the HVAC actuators inspected for operation to make sure they all moving properly when commanded.