I can't access the auxiliary fuse box in my 2003 SL 500 2...

Q: I can't access the auxiliary fuse box in my 2003 SL 500

asked by on August 14, 2017

My PSE pump stopped working. Water got into the trunk and since then the pump has packed up. I serviced it myself. I brought it apart dried it out, and sprayed electrical insulator and lubricant on all parts. Then i fit it back careful to get all the wiring correct. I hooked up only the auxiliary battery to try to open the doors and boot with the key, but none opened. Also, the compartments behind the driver and passenger seat and the glove box don't open without a working pump. Unfortunately i can't take out and inspect the auxiliary fuse box because the compartment behind the passenger seat doesn't open. I was able to get a view of the box by opening a false side in the compartment but now i need to inspect and (if need be) change the 20 amp fuse for the fuse box. How do i take out the fuse box without the pump working? If you can please give a very detailed description with pictures. Or give a link to a website with a work-through and descriptions. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Chibuikem. Unfortunately, we are unable to attach any images or documents through this platform. Your best bet is to purchase a service and repair manual for your Mercedes-Benz SL500, as it should have step-by-step instructions for gaining access to this fuse box. You can also contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealership as they are quite helpful to owners.