Q: Hi I recently replaced my transmission on my 2011 GMC Terrain and now it says reduced engine power any clue to why ?

I replaced my transmission a month ago and now my car says reduced engine power. I was curious if this problem was possibly related to the new transmission or if it could be the throttle body, and is the throttle body part of the transmission system. Also is this a code I could get read from an autozone computer or does it have to be a dealership computer. thank you

The reduced power is due to a major sensor or actuator failure in the engine, transmission or other vehicle systems that the on board computer system sees as a major failure and limits the throttle and speed of the vehicle. You can get the computer scanned to get the codes in the computer but that code will still need to get diagnosed and the fail safe mode will not turn off until code is fixed and erased.

• Hi I recently replaced my transmission on my 2011 GMC Terrain and now it says reduced engine power any clue to why ?