Q: My car keeps dying after a jump

Left my lights on at work after coming back from lunch(about 4 hours) and it died. Got a jump to drive home, drove home (took about 30 mins thought that may have been long enough drive to recharge battery). I unwind, relax and shower then I drive around the corner to the store. Car starts up fine then after leaving the store the lights got dim and radio volume completely lowers and the car dies. I get a jump the car starts right away but won't stay running. What could be going on?

The problem sounds like the alternator stopped charging. The battery being dead may have overloaded the alternator since they are designed to maintain the battery and run the accessories, not recharge a battery and run all the accessories. I would have the battery recharged with a charger and then see if it can hold a load. Once that is done then test the alternator to see if it is not charging and needs replaced or maybe just blew an alternator fuse.

3. My car keeps dying after a jump