Q: Squealing and whistling at low speeds

asked by on June 07, 2016

Whenever I drive at low speeds on bumpy roads, even slightly, my car starts making this squeaking sounds. It's almost like a whistling sound. I had the ball joints replaced. The suspension has been greased. The sounds seems to be coming from the bottom front end of the car. The mechanic couldn't find the cause but he heard the noise. Do you have any idea what might this be? Thanks.

Hello. There may be some debris stuck in the front of the car. It is possible that the sway bar links or the sway bar bushing could be loose or worn, which may cause the noise you are hearing. It is also possible that that a strut mount is broken or worn out and the actual struts may be weak or have failed completely. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and inspect the brakes, steering and suspension system to pinpoint the problem. Our mechanics are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.