Q: Sometimes, the lower gears are slow to shift (high RPM) when starting to drive from being stopped or almost stop 2012 Ford Escape

Sometimes it just seems slow to shift and the RPM's get a little high before it does. Sometimes it shifts perfect and other times it does not and it's just in the lower gears.

Hi there, The "slow shift" symptoms you are experiencing may be caused by a malfunctioning transmission internal speed sensor, or by a failing throttle position sensor (which communicates with the transmission controller). Either of these could cause the symptoms you describe. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Sometimes, the lower gears are slow to shift (high RPM) when starting to drive from being stopped or almost stop 2012 Ford Escape