Q: having trouble putting gas in car

when trying to put gas in car I can only put 10 cents at a time

Premature shut off of the pump nozzle means that the filler neck and tubing will have to be inspected. Additional sources of the problem could be that the neck or rubber hose to the tank are partially collapsed. There could also be a blockage in the filler neck if something foreign got in there. If there is nothing wrong with those assemblies, the Diagnostic would turn to inspecting whether there is a restriction in your vehicle’s evaporative emission control system (EVAP). If the EVAP system is malfunctioning, vapor pressure could be forcing gas up into the filler neck thus causing the pump to shut down. To request these diagnostic services, simply contact YourMechanic via the website inquiry form and a certified mechanic will be dispatched to your location to investigate and resolve this for you.

3. having trouble putting gas in car