Q: car not starting battery

I am having issues with my battery. It seems to be drained even though it's brand new. Sometimes I have to have my car jumped off 2 times a day. Other days it will start right up. I had the alternator tested and it's good. When I start the car I turn the key and wait for all the dashboard lights to go off. But 2 lights stay on - the engine light and the anti theft light. Could those 2 lights be draining my battery?

Hi there. It sounds like you need a new ignition switch. This is the most common failure on your vehicle that will cause this. It can also be a failure in the body control module, but that is not nearly as common. I usually do a voltage drop test of the switch first to see if it is failing. If it tests fine, then a scan tool would be needed to check the module. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your battery issue and let you know the best way to resolve this.