Q: Q: Car won't start after getting gas

When getting gas and going to start my car it's not starting up. I have to put pressure on the brake for a few seconds and then my car will start right up. I have to sometimes hurry and put it in drive so it won't go down as well.

Hello. If this is occurring right after you get fuel then most of the time it is caused by a vent valve or purge valve that is sticking open. Most of the time it is a purge valve problem. This valve is part of the evaporative emissions system and needs to be closed most of the time, especially when fueling. If it is open it will allow fuel vapor and even at times raw fuel to enter the engine while fueling. This essentially causes a rich condition or floods the engine and that is why it takes time to start it back up. It can also be a failing fuel pump or coincidentally a failing crankshaft position sensor. These are all common, but I always check with the evap system parts first. If you need to have this hard starting problem figured out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Q: Car won't start after getting gas