Q: What does the parking brake on chime mean?

What does the parking brake on chime mean?

The parking brake on chime sounds when you begin to operate the vehicle while the parking brake is engaged.

I changed the battery in my ford explorer 2013 and the lights and radio work but it won't start. It says to push the brake but it won't work.

Hi there. Check to see if the battery cables are tight. If the cables are tight, then check the brake switch on the brake pedal. It may not be responding to the computer as it could be damaged or shorted....

Engine noise when I press gas pedal

You most likely have a warped exhaust manifold that has caused one of the studs holding the manifold to the cylinder head to break. When this happens you will get a loud exhaust leak that can be quite annoying. I...

How do I apply the parking brake?

The parking brake is an extra brake to ensure the safety of your vehicle. It can be used to make sure the vehicle is not going anywhere when stopped. To apply the parking brake: Locate the parking brake on...

When I brake it makes a loud grinding noise

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a sign of bad or warped brake rotors. When brake rotors get hot due to friction and then col down repeatedly, they can develop low spots in them which can cause them to...

How do I use the windshield washers?

The windshield washer button is located on the multifunction lever, which sticks out of the left side of the steering column. At the tip of the multifunction lever is a button. Press this button, and washer fluid will be sprayed...

What does the system message notification mean?

If your car is equipped with an information center, you’ll occasionally see messages come across the screen. These range from things like maintenance reminders to information about problems with your vehicle’s systems. You should see the notification system...

Car shaking when applying brakes and going slow. Check Engine Light is on and engine idles roughly.

It sounds like you may have a vacuum leak on your car. Check all vacuum lines and make sure they are in good condition and connected. If you don't see a leak you can spray some carburetor cleaner on the...

Im getting P061F code should I Flash it or just replace the PCM . In my 08 explorer

Hi There, As you know, this code relates to a PCM malfunction, which is usually due to things like the PCM becoming faulty itself, a short in the wiring to the PCM or in some cases a software problem with...

Miss fire

Engine misfires can be caused by many different problems and are generally caused by either a spark or fuel issue or in some cases, a combination of both. Spark related problems generally will result from things like ignition coils, crankshaft...