Q: Kia Sedona has grinding sound when brake and release; signs of brake pad deteriorated

This afternoon, when I started driving, there was a grinding noise when I put on the brakes and also when I released the brakes. My mechanic (my neighbor) removed the tire and he said there's no brake pad left. Should I have him replace only this one, or all of them?

Always replace the front both or rear both at the same time. If the problem is just the pads, then you may need rotors also.

I would do a complete inspection of all the brakes, and replace all of them if it is needed.

• Kia Sedona has grinding sound when brake and release; signs of brake pad deteriorated