Q: My Audi Q7 2013 cargo door is not staying up after opening . It's opens goes all the way up and then slowly coming down. What's t

Audi Q7 2013 cargo door not staying open. It's opening all the way up and then slowly coming down . Not staying in place . What's the problem and how much money needed to fix it. Dealer saying there's some fluid problem and giving different quotes . Thanks

A: Hello - this sounds like the lift struts, w...

Hello - this sounds like the lift struts, which are 2 small diameter cylinders with compressed gas in them to provide lifting assistance for the cargo door, have weakened, and need to be replaced. I would recommend having a Hatch Lift Support Replacement Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.