Q: Intermittent airbag service light

My air bag service indicator light has been coming on and off - at any time - and with no consistency. Sometimes I can drive for a couple of days without it coming on and then other days it will blink on and off through the trip. I can do some car repairs myself and could you tell me where to look for the proper sensors so I can see if they need tightning.

A: Fault codes need to be read out of the SRS ...

Fault codes need to be read out of the SRS system to determine the cause of the Air Bag Light being illuminated. One common cause could be a faulty seat occupancy sensor. These are used to determine the firing logic of the passenger air bag. With a faulty sensor, a passenger air bag may be triggered when it shouldn’t be in the event of a collision. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment to read out the SRS faults and determine the cause of the light.