Q: Does the defroster use the air conditioning system in my 2012 Ford Escape

Does a car defroster use the air conditioner to dehumidify the heat coming from the heater onto the windshield?

Defroster is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Yes, the defroster does use the air conditioning to defog the front windshield. If the a/c system is not functioning then the system will not work as designed. If you are having issues with it, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose what is wrong with the defroster] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/defroster-is-not-working-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr