Q: Does the defroster use the air conditioning system in my 2012 Ford Escape

Does a car defroster use the air conditioner to dehumidify the heat coming from the heater onto the windshield?

Hello. Yes, the defroster does use the air conditioning to defog the front windshield. If the a/c system is not functioning then the system will not work as designed. If you are having issues with it, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose what is wrong with the defroster] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/defroster-is-not-working-inspection

3. Does the defroster use the air conditioning system in my 2012 Ford Escape