Q: Somewhat over heating. White greyish smoke coming out of exhaust. No heat

I recently ran into an issue temp gauge and heat not working. Temp gauge who bounce around more than normal and mt heat was vey good. I was driving to work the other dayband hear a loud pop. I stopped the car and check my hoses belt tires ect and everything looked fine. Still having problems i went a head and replaced the thermostat and water pump. Now im having an issue with the car trying to run hot but the thermostat will bring temp back down to half. But i have white/greyish smoke coming out of the exhaust and still no heat. When the car is in park and idling the temp runs fine with no heat. When i drive it the temp gauge with almost hot the "H" but them come right back down. Also once the car has warmed up the "smoke" im seeing pretty much goes away

Hi there. From the description you have provided, leads me to believe, there may be air trapped in the cooling system. Bleeding the cooling system can be difficult. A cooling system flush could resolve this issue. The white-greyish smoke cold, may just be condensation in the exhaust, being the smoke goes away engine warm. Continued driving with a low cooling system, could result in catastrophic and expensive repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s erratic temperature gauge and white-greyish exhaust smoke be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Somewhat over heating. White greyish smoke coming out of exhaust. No heat