Q: How to unthaw my radiator/antifreeze hoses I can't get it to a garage can't afford towing can I use a salt or salt water to help

Water in my antifreeze/coolant tank froze my radiator hoses,can I use salt water or salt to expedite the process,I live in apartment no garages can't afford a tow ,Im using hot water but it's taking forever

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us today. You should not use salt anywhere near your car, as this will create corrosion issues. The only way to expedite this process without having the vehicle inside would be to use a hair drier or to wait for the temperature to increase to melt the cooling system. When the "coolant" melts, you should flush the system and ensure the right ratio of coolant to distilled water is added. The reason your coolant likely froze is due to having too much water in the system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr