Q: 2007 RR Supercharged. The check engine light came on. Code p0171 and p0173. Oxygen sensor bank 1 and 2. Checked the battery.

asked by on March 04, 2017

I bought the car monday. Check light came on last night. Car is pulling when I break as well. I always felt it. Took it to mechanic shop yesterday. They drove it and took the suspension off and they did not find anything. On the drive home the check light came on.

Hi there. The check engine light codes are for the engine running lean on bank one and bank two. Check the fuel injectors to see which injectors are not working. A lean condition is when the fuel injector(s) are not spraying fuel into the cylinder or runner. To check the injectors, while the engine is running, remove the harness to each injector one at a time and listen for the engine to hesitate. If there is no hesitation when the injector harness is removed, then that injector was not working. Check for a power on the harness. There should be a voltage reading that is on and off. I recommend performing a fuel injection flush before replacing any fuel injectors.

For the vehicle pulling, check the tires for any outside tire wear and check the brake system to see if the calipers are sticking and not sliding on the front. If the calipers are not sliding, then remove the sliding pins and lubricate them. Then retest the calipers. If they are still not sliding, then I suggest replacing the front calipers. If there is nothing wrong with the brake system, then you would need the vehicle checked for alignment.

If you need further assistance with your engine running lean, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.