Q: replaced oil pan gasket, engine and trans mount Jaguar Stype

The mechanic replaced oil pan gasket, engine and trans mount. Now, my car sounds like a truck, leaking oil with multiple spots paint removed in front bumper. My jaguar 2005 Stype do not have problem when I brought to the shop. Originally, I wanted only oil change.

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is always disheartening to hear these reports. From here you are going to want to either take it back to the original mechanic with the complaint, and discuss any further charges to take appropriate action. If they are respectable, they will correct their issues free of charge for the most part. Or seek an inspection from a different source. The oil leak from different areas may be related to a poor job replacing the pan gasket. If that pan was not torqued down correctly, it will leak. As far as the engine and transmission mounts, you will want to make sure the engine is stable. This is done by a tricky test, which under any other circumstances you should never do. With you car in drive, press the break and accelerator at the same time very carefully. Neither the engine or vehicle should move. However, if you can see the engine trying to jump forward, the mounts are not holding as designed. The repairs need to be verified, so we know if the issues are related to another system or the recent repairs. For a second opinion and inspection at your home or office, contact our service department.