Q: My civic shut off due too over heating, does it have a safely feature on it

It over heated when driving to another town and I forgot to put coolant in it and drive back home 100 miles and when I got home my civic shut off does it have a safety feature on it

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Overheating the engine can damage the engine mechanically as well as electronics. If the engine does not crank at all, then in all likelihood, the engine has suffered mechanical damage. If it cranks but does not start, there can be mechanical or electronic damage. Sensors mounted to the engine can be damaged due to the overheat and no longer function. If the engine control unit is not receiving signals and information from one or more sensors, the engine may not start. The best route to take would be to have a certified technician look into why the vehicle will not start before replacing any parts at random.