Q: My vehicle was running great. After I had the oil changed it was cutting out and had to replace my vvt solenoids. Now overheating?

Why would an oil change trigger VVT solenoids to be replaced? And secondly, why after deemed good to go from the solenoid work would it within 5 miles be overheating to over maximum heat on my temperature gauge? Thank goodness for the warning indicator lighting up. Oh, and still rides rough and missing which the VVT solenoids replacement had supposedly fixed. But realized after paying mechanic and driving away within a couple miles it was still not right and now overheating too?

A oil change cannot cause any of the problems you are having unless the incorrect viscosity too thick of oil was put in. Your engine calls for 5w20 motor oil and synthetic oil is recommended. If too thick oil is used then it may cause oil starvation to some of the areas of the engine causing the VVT malfunction. As far as the overheating it would need to be checked to see if when the VVT solenoids were replaced the cooling system was compromised.

3. My vehicle was running great. After I had the oil changed it was cutting out and had to replace my vvt solenoids. Now overheating?