Q: Car won't start - 1998 Pontiac Bonneville

my car ran wonderfully , however the fuel line connector on the fuel rail was leaking gas so I replaced it. I first disconnected my negative battery cable and then released the air pressure at the valve until I couldn't hear anymore. got it all fixed and now I cant start the car.

A: Hi there. Disconnecting and re-connecting t...

Hi there. Disconnecting and re-connecting the battery, although the right thing to do while working on the fuel system, has tripped the security system and is not allowing a "start" sequence. (You don’t mention it, but the security light in the instrument cluster is on, correct?)

To reset the security system at this point, put the ignition key in the ignition, and turn to the "Run" position without going to the "Start" position. All the dash lights should come on. Leave the key in this position for 10 minutes or so. The security light should go out, and the car should start at this point with the security system normalized again.

If you need assistance, I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why exactly your car will not start.