Q: Car is shaking at 60 MPH 60

When trying to get my car up to 60mph, it starts to shake. My initial thought was the control arms. I had a friend who works at Hyundai look at it, and he said it was the wheel bearing. Bought the part and was having it installed, when my dad noticed my wheel bearings were fine. He took a look under the body of the car and noticed the bushing for the control arm was gone. Would that cause my car to shake when I try to get up to 60mph? It feels like, what I would think a death wobble would feel like.

A: Control arms and control arm bushings are a...

Control arms and control arm bushings are a very common failure on your car. If there is even a slight imbalance in the tires and wheels, the effect will be greatly amplified by any looseness in the front suspension.The control arm is a large boomerang shaped unit that has an integral ball joint and is held in place at the rear by a large rubber bushing. With the mileage on your car, it's likely that the bushings are shot and the ball joints are getting loose as well. The quickest way to a long lasting solution is to replace both the control arms and the supporting bushings. But you can check it out and go at it one piece at a time if that is more your style. If you would rather put this job in other capable hands, contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and recommend a solution.