Q: I went to auto zone to do diagnostic on my car because in the middle of traffic my car was overheating auto zone did the test and

asked by on August 20, 2016

I went to auto zone to do diagnostic on my car because in the middle of traffic my car was overheating auto zone did the test and they told me I had to replace the relay fan circuit plug thing I drove it it home now it want start 2006 pt cruiser

Cooling/Radiator Fan Motor Replacement $120.68 - $1412.28 Get a Quote

The vehicle should not have been driven home with the engine overheating. It’s possible that you may have now blown a head gasket and damaged the engine. The fan relay connection, if it is melted, would be due to the fan motor overheating the circuit, and the cooling fan motor, relay and connector would need to be replaced. Since you overheated the engine until it blew the head gasket and warped or cracked the cylinder head, you may now have major engine damage to go with the fan problem.