Q: What is the satellite radio electronic serial number on the SIRIUS Radio and why is it necessary?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What is the satellite radio electronic serial number on the SIRIUS Radio and why is it necessary?

Your SIRIUS Radio is equipped with a unique identifying number, called the satellite radio electronic serial number, or ESN. The ESN is used to identify your radio when applying for SIRIUS Radio service. It’s a 12-digit number and you must have it handy when you activate your radio service, or if you need to change your account. Here’s how to find it:

1. Press the Satellite button to enter satellite radio mode.

2. Press the AUX button and the first Preset button at the same time.

3. The ESN will show on the radio’s display. Write this number down for future use, or be on the phone with a SIRIUS representative at the time of activation or account modification.