Q: Questing about shifting from 4wd to 2wd.

Test drove a 94 Yukon I'm thinking about buying. 4wd shifter is on the floor. Going into 4wd is no problem. Moving the lever back to 2wd and I have to drive down the road 25-50 yards before it goes back into 2wd. Is this normal behavior or should it go into 2wd as soon as the shifter is put into 2wd?
Thanks, Brian

Hi there. When shifting out of 4WD, it is best to stop the vehicle and back up about 10 feet. This will fully disengage the transfer case and put the vehicle into 2WD mode. It is normal for the transfer case to shift into 2WD after a long drive of 25 to 50 yards.