Q: Engine burning too much oil? Has no leaks at all. But I have to take it in every 2500 to 3000 miles 2007 Toyota Camry

Why is my 2007 toyota camry burning too much oil? it has no leaks at all. But i have to take it in every 2500 to 3000 miles for a new oil change. It has never failed the oil consumption test but I am getting frustrated with his problem.

Hi there - if your engine is using less than 1 quart every 2500-3000 miles, this is considered normal by most technicians, even if in stop-and-go environments. A "low oil " light comes on when only 1/2 qt low (or less) for most vehicles, so while that warning is useful, it does not necessarily indicate excess oil consumption. if you would like a 2nd opinion, I would recommend an engine inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/smell-of-oil-in-car-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Engine burning too much oil? Has no leaks at all. But I have to take it in every 2500 to 3000 miles 2007 Toyota Camry