Q: Engine burning too much oil? Has no leaks at all. But I have to take it in every 2500 to 3000 miles 2007 Toyota Camry

asked by on December 06, 2016

Why is my 2007 toyota camry burning too much oil? it has no leaks at all. But i have to take it in every 2500 to 3000 miles for a new oil change. It has never failed the oil consumption test but I am getting frustrated with his problem.

Smell of oil in car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - if your engine is using less than 1 quart every 2500-3000 miles, this is considered normal by most technicians, even if in stop-and-go environments. A "low oil " light comes on when only 1/2 qt low (or less) for most vehicles, so while that warning is useful, it does not necessarily indicate excess oil consumption. if you would like a 2nd opinion, I would recommend an engine inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/smell-of-oil-in-car-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.