Q: How does the immobilizer system work?

How does the immobilizer system work?

A: The immobilizer system is a standard featur...

The immobilizer system is a standard feature on all Civics, and it provides important safety and theft protection for your vehicle. Here’s how it works:

1. The system ensures that the car will not start unless a programmed master key or the programmed valet key is used in the ignition.

2. The green immobilizer key symbol in the dash, when illuminated with the key in the run position, means there is a fault with the key or the immobilizer system.

Tips

• Never leave your key in the ignition. If a programmed key is left in the car, anyone can use it and the car will operate normally.

• If your master key or valet key will not start the car, it will need to be reprogrammed.