Q: What do I do if my MAF sensor is acting up?

My car has a karman-vortex air intake so I can't clean the sensor. Does that mean I need to find out why it is malfunctioning or do I just need to replace the MAF sensor?

Before purchasing a new MAF sensor, I would find out why it is failing so you do not damage the new one as soon as you install it.

If you think the failure is from getting oil contaminated from an air filter that requires oil, then get rid of that filter and put in a dry type air filter. I have seen the oil from these filters damage the mass air sensors and coat them with oil until they do not work anymore.

3. What do I do if my MAF sensor is acting up?