Q: Changed front brake pads. After 2 weeks the brakes make a grinding noise at low speeds.

Changed front brake pads. After 2 weeks with everything working correctly, now a grinding noise coming from my front wheels. The grind is louder at lower speeds. Honestly sounds like the brake pads are worn.

Hi there. In some cases if the brake pads are not correctly aligned upon installation, they can cause this type of grinding noise. It’s also common if the calipers or rotors are too tight for the rotor to warp, which can also cause this noise. However, it’s also possible that the wheel bearings are damaged, which tends to be the source of constant grinding noises. You should have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection to help diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. Changed front brake pads. After 2 weeks the brakes make a grinding noise at low speeds.