Q: My car won't start - 2007 Nissan Xterra

When I go to turn it on it doesn't make any engine noise. But the dash board lights are on. I even tried to jumping it with the jumper cable but still nothing.

Hello. If the vehicle will not do anything at all, then I usually start by having the battery load-tested. If the battery has failed or shorted internally, then it will not even accept a jump start. This needs to be checked first. If the battery is fine, then you either have an issue with the starter failing, but there is also a common issue with the integrated power module. This fails internally and can cause this. If you need help having this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the starting problem and assist you with the proper repair.